F.E. WARREN AIR FORCE BASE – Until the Services certify the installations under the conditions-based travel, we are under the old guidance. With General Ray’s direction, we’ve expanded the aperture of the approved local area to 4 hours; however, there are several recreational areas outside that 4-hour radius that FEW inhabitants could travel to over the weekend (particularly long weekends). We have 20 AF/CC’s approval to add the following areas to our approved recreational list.
- Shoshone National Forest, WY
- Bridger-Teton National Forest, WY
- Bighorn National Forest, WY
- Garden of the Gods/Mantiou Incline, CO
- Fort Laramie, WY
- Bear River State Park, WY
- Boysen State Park, WY
- Buffalo Bill State Park, WY
- Hot Springs State Park, WY
- Keyhole State Park, WY
- Sinks Canyon State Park, WY
- Fossil Butte National Monument, WY
- Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area, WY
- Casper Mountain, WY
- Devil’s Tower, WY
- Wind River Reservation, WY
- Grand Teton National Park, WY
- Jackson, WY
- Yellowstone National Park, WY
- Mt Rushmore, SD (4 ½ hrs from base)
- Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve, CO
There are some areas in the FEW 4 hour range on this list but for off-base residents living in Guernsey and Colorado, this list is inclusive.
For questions, please feel free to contact Public Affairs at (307) 773-3381.