Books for every age and interest, books on CD, DVD’s, games, and puzzles!
The book sale is Saturday, March 7, 8am to 6pm and
Sunday, March 8, 9am to 3pm.
at the former Big Lots in Cheyenne Plaza,
3741 Lincolnway (next to Sportsman’s Warehouse).
Delta Kappa Gamma, an international society of educators, has held this used book sale for the past 37 years.
Proceeds from the sale provide funds for scholarships and education-related activities in our community.
What our proceeds have funded in the past twelve years:
- Originally, we gave individual scholarships to students in education.
- In 2007 we fulfilled a $50,000 pledge to the University of Wyoming which was matched by the State of Wyoming to create a $100,000 scholarship endowment.
- In 2009, we were able to do the same for Laramie County Community College, creating a $100,000 endowment there.
- $50,000 for an educational endowment at the Paul Smith Children’s Village at the Cheyenne Botanic Gardens, plus a $5,000 grant for educational materials.
- $28,000 to the Laramie County Library Foundation which was matched 2 to 1, creating an $84,000 endowment; plus $12,000 for the Summer Reading Program.
Other individual grants totaling $68,824 have been awarded to:
- Raising Readers in Wyoming to buy children’s books.
- Educational programs at the Old West Museum.
- Burns High School Robotics Program
- Family Promise Day Care at Grace Methodist Church for books.
- Cheyenne Symphony Orchestra for “integrating music and literature for students.
- Triumph High Child Care for take home book bags and materials.
- Boys and Girls Club supporting academic success.
- Cheyenne Concert Association for workshops in the schools by visiting performers.
- Family YMCA for pre-school curriculum.
- Hebard Elementary for dictionaries’
- To Homes for Unaccompanied Minors to begin libraries
- Laramie County Cowbelles to print cookbooks of locally raised food & member recipes to give to children.