F.E. WARREN AIR FORCE BASE – TRICARE beneficiaries enrolled in the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program will soon see changes to their enrollment. Beginning Nov. 12, 2018, military retirees, family and active duty family members will have an open enrollment period to sign up for the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program until Dec. 10.
TRDP will end Dec. 31, 2018 and if beneficiaries are enrolled in TRDP, their coverage will not automatically roll over to FEDVIP.
Coverage under the new program will begin Jan. 1, 2019.
- This change will not affect active duty service members. Vision and dental will still be covered through TRICARE.
- Active duty family members will still be eligible to enroll in the TRICARE Dental Program. Additionally, they will have the option to enroll in FEDVIP dental.
- FEDVIP vision will be available if they are enrolled in a TRICARE health plan.
Retired Uniformed Service Members
- Retired uniformed service members and their families who were eligible for TRDP are eligible for FEDVIP dental coverage.
- If the retirees and family are enrolled in a TRICARE health plan, they have the option to enroll in FEDVIP vision.
- Packages range from $20 a month per individual to $119 a month for a family.
- Coverage variation exists among plans related to preventive, intermediate, major, orthodontic, annual maximums, orthodontic lifetime maximums, and individual deductibles.
- Packages range from about $6.70 a month per person to about $43 a month for a family.
- FEDVIP vision offers plans that include an annual eye exam along with lens and frame coverage and laser vision correction discounts. Some plans offer more services such as eye prostheses.
To receive dental or vision insurance in 2019, beneficiaries must enroll during the open enrollment period beginning Nov. 12.
Capt. Blake Page, 90th Medical Support Squadron medical logistics and readiness, said the bottom line is the only beneficiaries that are required to enroll in FEDVIP dental to maintain coverage are retirees and family members who were previously under the TRDP.
To learn more about FEDVIP go to: